Portsmouth STEM Academy
The mission of Portsmouth STEM Academy is to deliver a world-class education that promotes the highest level of academic achievement for all students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), as well as in the arts and humanities.
Planning for the Future with:
• Robotics and Electronics - Teaches students about design, innovation, problem solving and teamwork through math, science and technology.
• Scholarships - Removes financial barriers allowing deserving students an opportunity to experience a STEM education.
Programs and Services:
• Portsmouth STEM Academy is dedicated to educating and mentoring Scioto County's future innovators and leaders.
• We offer a robust curriculum in science, technology, engineering, and math, while still providing a full program in liberal arts, international cultures, and foreign language (Spanish and Mandarin).
• We believe children deserve a learning center focused on their intellectual, emotional, and physical needs, not those of adults. Schools should be exciting worlds of exploration, guiding students through what they need to know, and encouraging them to excel in the realms that most appeal to them individually.
• We believe in learning by coaching, hands-on practice, and experimentation.
• We provide a collaborative, open-classroom environment, with learning groups based on student achievement levels within each course of study. Every student should work at their level of understanding, whether above or below their grade in different content areas.
• We foster student collaboration and mentorship through long-term group projects and student-led activities.
Contact Info for Portsmouth STEM Academy:
Address: 609 Second Street, Box E, Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
Phone: (740) 351.0591
Matching donation period will be available Oct. 21, 2021 from 8am - 8pm EDT.