Animal Welfare League of Scioto County, Inc.
The Animal Welfare League was incorporated in 1985 as a non-profit animal advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of animals in the Portsmouth area.
Programs and Services:
• Reduced rate spay/neuter program for low and fixed income households, offered year around.
• Reduced rate pet vaccination clinics offered in May with four locations. Open to all.
• Pet food donations to the St. Francis Catholic Outreach Center Food Pantry.
• Straw will also be offered for winter dog houses through the Center.
• Promote, through advertisement, World Spay Day, last Tuesday in February.
• Working relationship with the Scioto County Dog Shelter. The Animal Welfare
• League will be contributing to the cost of spaying/neutering locally adopted dogs from the Shelter.
Did you know:
• Trustees and members are all volunteers.
• In 2020, 124 pets were spayed or neutered. So far in 2021, 65 pets have been or are scheduled to be spayed/neutered.
• In regards to our annual Vaccination Clinics, clinics had to be canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to the Corona Virus pandemic. We hope to resume in 2022.
• St. Francis Outreach Pet Food Pantry donations began in March 2015. So far in 2021, the League has provided emergency pet food for 46 households and 1 household for straw.
Contact Info for Animal Welfare League:
Phone: (740) 858-2446
Address: P. O. Box 1012 Portsmouth, OH 45662
Portsmouth OH 45662-1241
Matching donation period will be available Oct. 21, 2021 from 8am - 8pm EDT.